Posted by: Sandy | 2009-04-07

Hormone imbalance

Hi Doc,

I am 29 yrs old &  was on diane with andorcur for a while for a while (4 years) until my dr changed me to Yasmin and androcur for the past 5 months. My hair has been falling out alot for the past 2 years my gp did tests for thyroid etc came clear . i was given minoxidil but there was still hairloss. i decided to go to the dermatologist he took tests which he said was clear. When i asked then what is the problem he said i might have a hormon imbalance but he will give me something for it.

I am really stressing about this as i used to have extremely thick good hair now its like half of what it used to be is having a hormone imbalance serious can it be rectified or is it a long term thing then requires chronic meds? what are the symptoms of it?

It may be that you have PCOS. I would suggest that you ask your gynaecologist to check for this. You are already on the treatments that are used for this, but there may be other options.