Posted by: 32d2 | 2009-02-03

Hormone Imbalance?

I was wondering if the symptoms I have are due to a hormone inbalance.

I am 29 years old

Thick Black hair on back of jaw line (about 5 each side), chin (about 4), Thinner black hair on neck(about 5), Thick black hair on Chest(about 2) etc about 6-12 months now
Mild Adult Acne - Last 3 months
Depression in the last 2 weeks
Muscular spasms in my back for the last 2 weeks
Mild problems with sleep last 2 weeks
Severe Period pains - last 2 ovulations
Brown pigmentation marks on face
water retention in feet in the evening (last 2 days)
Loss of Libido (Last 6 months)

Ii had a blood test end of last year where the thyriod counts were not 100%, doctor said I should have another test as it could be due to a virus, I have not yet been back for the blood test

COuld this be due to a hormone imbalance and what should I do?

Dear 32d2
If you are female there may be a hormonal imbalance. A condition called Polycystic ovary syndrome can cause acne, hirsutism(hairyness), abnormal menstruation, weight gain. You should visit your doctor - he may need to do a gynecological exam, organize a sonar of the ovaria, take blood for thyroid hormone, progesterone and esterogen, blood sugar and insulin levels.
See also

Posted by: 32d2 | 2009-02-03

Apologies this was already submitted to Gynea doc.

Reply to 32d2