Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2012-11-30

Hormone Getoets - Update

Hi Doc,so ek het al die toetse gedoen en was by my gynie gewees. hy het opgetel dat my LH hormoon level bietjie hoer is as my FSH Hormoon level (dit moet eintlik anders om wees). Hy wil my nou op Qlaira sit en dan moet ons kyk of dit my simptome van angs verlig. Alles was nou al getoets in my lyf en fisies is daar niks wat dit veroorsaak nie. Ek wil net graag weet of daar ''n link tussen LH en angs is? Ek sien ook ''''n sielkundige wat my deur CBT en EMDR help. Enige gedagtes? Groete Michelle.

Thanks for the update, M. I haven't come across this particular pattern of hormone problems causing anxiety disorders, or the anxiety being relieved by rebalancing the hormones, but lets see. Whatever is done, I hope it helps you substantially.
I have seen no reliable scientific reports of a relationship between LH and anxiety. Anxiety is a VERY common condition and almost always responds well to orthodox treatments of anxiety. CBT is a brilliant treatment for anxiety disorder ( and other conditions ) if done properly. EMDR less widely usable, but can also be useful.