Posted by: Madelein | 2013-02-07

Can you please tell me what is Leptin Hormone and can it cause cancer if you use the Leptin injection

Dear Madelein
Leptin is a hormone that is produced by the human body which controls appetite, food intake and metabolism. It may sound like the ideal 'magic bullet' to induce weightloss, but recent research has indicated that individuals who have a disturbed leptin metabolism have so-called 'resistant' leptin receptors (in similar fashion to patients with insulin resistance). It does therefore not help injecting these individuals with more leptin because it will not be able to work because of the resistant receptors. Although I have read scientific papers about leptin being implicated in obesity and thus with heart disease and diabetes, I have not yet read papers that leptin can cause cancer.
Keep in mind that having leptin injections if you are leptin resistant won't help and is just a waste of money.