Question
Posted by: Suzie | 2009-07-24

Hormonal treatment

Dear Doc. Been on Ginette for 19 years. Now 35 y old. I have a lot of symptoms of perimenopause. Been checked with every blood test under the sun, its not iron, thyroid, sugar, even the test for obscure things were clear. But I have zero sex drive and zest for live. I also have no endurance and exercising is killing me. I am NOT depressed. I used to be able to skip my placebos when on holiday to prevent my period. Now I menstruate even when skipping the placebos. What tests must I ask my gynae for? Thx!

If your symptoms are lack of energy and poor sex drive, these are common to many women. You seem to have had a number of tests to exclude medical conditions. Poor sex drive can be related to the Pill and lack of energy is often related to the busy and stressful lives we lead. I am not sure that there is anything gynaecological that can be done.
Skipping the placebos on a regular basis can result in breakthrough bleeding as you have experienced.

1
Posted by: MOM | 2009-07-29

Hi Doc,

My daughter is 24 and has been diagnosed with pcos, her insulin levels were very high and has been put onto glucophage. Her estrogen levels are very low so she has been given estrofem aswell as the pill she is currently on femodene.
will this be a prob? I was wondering why the estrogen and not a diffirent pill?

Reply to MOM