Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2010-06-10

Hormonal Imbalances

Please help been trying to conceive for 5yrs. Dr says my Lutenizing Hormone is low in follicular phase (midcycle), other hormones normal. Also Luteal phase hormone function shows that I produce low progesterone in Luteal phase. Husband''s semen analysis is normal, laparoscopy showed my tubes are open. My periods I get monthly every 28 days (never missed a period). IUI done twice with no success. IVF long and short protocols also done but I did not produce any eggs. What can I do to correct these imbalances so that I can conceive?

Dear Concerned

What is of great concern to me is that despite having an IVF cycle, both long and short, that you did not produce any eggs. This is not necessarily due to a hormonal imbalance and may be more particularly related to a very poor ovarian reserve. In that particular case one may not be able to correct the hormones to produce any eggs. If however you have a normal ovarian reserve but a very resistant ovary such as in severe polycystic ovarian syndrome then in this case you can stimulate the ovaries and remove immature follicles. Then in a laboratory setting a procedure known as in-vitro maturation [IVM] can be undertaken to mature the small/immature oocytes. If maturation is successful then theses oocytes can be fertilized and transferred back into the uterus.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-06-18

Dear Concerned

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: hvm | 2010-06-10

Hi my sister, i have been there from laparoscopy to everything, tests were done but showed that everything is fine, i waited for 5 years also, until i was refered to the fertility clinic for the IVF, guess what ii stopped strassing and allowing God to perform miracles, the day that i was supposed to be done the IVF the dr confirmed that i am 4 weeks pregnant, today i am 23 weeks pregnant and everything going smopthly i only have God to thanks, so my sister hang in there will pray for you as soon everything will be fine

Reply to hvm