Question
Posted by: Nathi | 2011/09/28

Hormonal imbalance and ttc

Hello, please advise whether it''s possible for hormonal imbalance to be treated in order to fall pregnant. I''ve got irregular periods and I don''t ovulate and been trying for more than three years to fall pregnant.

Dear Nathi

It is very possible to treat hormonal imbalances and to help you with ovulation. I would suggest you see a gynaecologist or fertility specialist so he can ascertain as to what is causing your hormonal imbalance and the correct route of treatment to help you ovulate and achieve a pregnancy. But, yes, certainly there are many medications available to help you ovulate.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo