Question
Posted by: Dave | 2010/06/07

Hormonal Imbalance

My wife says that she has a hormonal imbalance and that she''s seen her gynaecologist and the doctor said that the only way to rectify this hormonal imbalance is to have another child. We currently have a 2.5 year old child.

Is this true? From what I have been reading on the internet, it seems like hormonal imbalances make it more difficult to fall pregnant.

My wife has also neglected our child from the time that he was born so it is strange that she wants another child when she doesn''t show our child any love.
She also blames the way she is (towards our child) on the hormonal imbalance. She also claimed that she had post natal depression for more than a year after he was born.

It does sound strange that the doctor would say that the way to correct a hormonal imbalance is to have another child. You are right that this usually makes it more difficult to conceive.
It way well be that she had postnatal depression adn is still depressed.

1