Question
Posted by: Leora | 2010/03/17

Hoping this week will fly by!!!

My husband is away overseas on a short business trip. I am having a tough time being alone. My husband and my child are my whole world. My husband is not just my husband, but my lover, best friend, confidant and everything else. I don''t have any other family and close friends that I talk to. He has been away since Sunday morning and our communication is limited to only a few minutes in the evenings. I miss our chatting, I am feeling so down and with me feeling down I am so negative, I feel so insecure and awful.
How can I make myself feel better. What am I doing wrong?

Someone who is your "whole world" remains a part of it even when not physically near you. It sounds though as though you have allowed yourself to become over-dependent on him in a way not in the best interests of either of you. Extending this relationship so that you can each be rather more independent in time and place, while still so much in love, is possible and desirable

3
Posted by: anne | 2010/03/17

I can imagine how you must be feeling.
But, as with most things in life, attitude is everything.

Try writing down some reasons why this isn''t so bad like: how wonderful it will be when you do see him again, you get to spend some extra quality time with your child, you get the whole bed to yourself, no snoring (if he snores like so many men do), you can watch what you want on tv, etc. Yes, it''s hard, but nothing is all bad.

Also, find things to do in the evenings to pass the time - maybe playing games with your child or reading to him/her. YOu don''t say how old your child is but if they''re old enough, you can get a book on crafts and make things with him/her - sock puppets or play dough. Great bonding time and the time will pass fast AND you could make a little present for hubby from you both for when he returns.

It''s important for people to have their own lives and not get too dependent on someone else - like CyberShrink says. Atthe end of the day, weathering this storm well can only bring the two of you closer together.

Reply to anne
Posted by: Hmmm | 2010/03/17

Hmmm I wish I had a husband to miss.....

Reply to Hmmm