Question
Posted by: Hope* | 2008-11-26

Hope

Hi CS, me again. This isn' t even a question. I am just so low. I can hardly operate today, I am heart sore for no reason at all. I have huge lump in my throat. Medication does not work. CBT helps but just for a while then my thinking processes go down the drain.

I find that happens. For me, its often late afternoon, for no apparent reason. Very nasty things have happened to me in my life, but not in the late afternoon when the Glooms arrive. I find the more I pay attention to it the worse I feel, while distraction helps. Assuming ( correctly ) that it won't last paticularly long, helps to limit the duration, ratherthan engaging in a panic that it could get worse or last forever. In the CBT work on specifically what to do when you feel such an episode approaching, and how to handle it better ( including putting a large plug in that drain !

2
Posted by: rose | 2008-11-27

sorry to hear that.
I would suggest listening to some soothing or better still - uplifting music.and perhaps take up something, mozaicing/dancing - getting creative can make you feel better and you will also have something lovely you created.
try to socialise too... isolation can worsen things

Reply to rose
Posted by: Maria | 2008-11-26

Hang in there Hope*. Lots of ((((HUGS))))

Reply to Maria