Posted by: Shorty | 2009-01-22

Hi. A colleague of mine had been suffering from an itchy rash, a week later she decided to go to the doctor only to find out that she had hookworm. We don’ t work too closely, however, she does make our coffee and we share a bathroom at the office. I am extra worried about being contaminated as I am busy with IVF treatment and have already started my Lucrin. I am not allowed to take any unnecessary medication at the moment, so can’ t doing a deworming. Should I be concerned? Is this an easy thing to catch?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Hi, I believe that if you follow accepted hygiene standards especially when going to the toilet you should be fine. Any pets? Are they dewormed? If not - do it.