Question
Posted by: andre | 2008/06/26

hooked on sleepnig pills

Plaese, My wife and me got into a nasty habit,we are drikning sleeping tablets to get high,I am worried becuase I have drivem my car and gave it a few dings and the worst is I cant remeber what I have done,my kids see this and they are losing respect for us.I have tried to stop but have become an insomniac.My health wnet backward but im trying stop but my wife wontAny advice ?

Of course the various dangers you are running are serious, and what an example for the kids --- do you plan, later to tell them they shouldn't do drugs ? If these are prescription sleeping pills, the doctor providing your sleeping pill prescriptions is a disgrace, and you should urgently find a competent doc. If they're over-the-counter pills, this is still a serious problem. Either way, see a good local shrink, together, and be entirely honest about exactly how much of what each of you are taking, and form a plan to come off them gradually. YOu're bound to have some sleeples nights when you stop habitually high doses of sedatives, but this doesn't last too long --- but only come off them in the manner your own shrink recommends, as stopping too suddenly can cause various serious problems, including potentially epileptic fits while you're drivign.

1
Posted by: Suzy | 2008/06/26

I forced and begged my pharmacist to give me prescription tablets for 5 months without a prescription. I felt that if I didn't take them something terrible would happen like goblins taking me away. Nothing felt better than those few seconds before the pills kick in and you drift off on a cloud of carefree sleep.

I realized I should stop, specially seeing that I'm trying to be there for my ex-drug addict brother.

I remembered I had some Vital Chamomile/rooibos tea combo in my cupboard and weaned myself off the prescription pills with the tea. Believe me, it put me to sleep as easily as the tablets did. Except, I didn't feel like a truck had run over my head the next morning.

Seek help, for you, your wife, and your kids' sake.

Reply to Suzy