Question
Posted by: moody hoody | 2010/07/26

Hoodia Gordonii

Hi Dietdoc, i''m sorry if you''ve already answered this question in the past, i tried searching the archives...to no avail! :-( anyway, i was wondering what your opinion of abovementioned supplement as an additional form of treatment for bulimia would be? I do also use fluoxetine, and receive cbt and attend the occasional eating disorder support group...but i''m REALLY struggling to keep my appetite in check...however, it''s NOT physical hunger, it''s definitely emotional hunger, would hoodia help for it?

Have a great week

Lee ann

Dear Lee Ann Alias Moody Hoody
I am not in favour of the use of hoodia products for the control of weight at the moment because not enough research has been done to determine what the proper dosage is and if the product causes undesirable side-effects. If you are not suffering from physical hunger, but emotional hunger and turn to bulimic practices to rid yourself of food, then you seriously need help from a clinical psychologist to help you to sort out what is causing this emotional eating and to teach you less detrimental ways of dealing with it. Ask your gp to refer you to a clinical psychologist and get some expert assistance ASAP before you ruin your health and teeth.

1

Dear Lee Ann Alias Moody Hoody