Posted by: Jax | 2009-03-10

Hoodia Gordonii

I started taking Unique Hoodia Gordonii, 3x a day before meals, each capsule contains 100% 400mg Hoodia. Is this safe to take, im trying to loose about 4kg' s, eating healthy, doing moderate exercises. I weigh 63/64 kg and im 1.75m tall. I' m also on the pill and anti-depressant Aropax. They say on the pack that no interaction with other meds occur, well no negative effects.
Thankyou for your great site and well informed replies.
Take care

Dear Jax
Thank you for your kind words about the site - you make my day! I cannot at this stage recommend the use of any of the presently available Hoodia products to Readers because scientific research is still not complete. We don't know for example if the product has side-effects, if it does have interactions or not, and if the products that are being sold as Hoodia actually contain enough of the correct extract to assist with weightloss. We will have to wait until the research and tests have been completed. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and do a Search using 'Hoodia' as your search term to find the article 'Hype about Hoodia' that I wrote on the subject. But now I am puzzled as to why you want to lose another 4 kg?? Your present BMI = 20,6 which is already below the ideal of 22 for which you should weigh 68 kg! If you reduce down to 60 kg your BMI will equal 19,4 which is dangerously close to the anorexic level. There is no need to lose more weight and to expose yourself to a product that could be potentially dangerous, so please be careful.