Question
Posted by: Paris | 2008-12-04

Hoodia

Dear Doc

Would you recommend any form of diet tablets that contain hoodia. I believe that it really helps with weight loss. And what product would you recommend that contains hoodia?

Dear Paris
Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and do a Search using 'Hoodia' as your search term to find the article 'Hype about Hoodia' that I wrote on the subject. Rather use a sensible energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life), to lose weight.
Be careful of any Hoodia products at present until they have been tested properly and found to be safe.