Question
Posted by: Pheko | 2011/07/11

Honey/Sugar

I am diabetes Type 2. Which is better Honey or sugar

Dear Pheko
If you suffer from type 2 diabetes, then I trust that you have consulted a registered dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your diabetes, medications and other conditions such as overweight and raised blood lipid levels, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet’nFood' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’. The dietitian will have indicated if you can use small amounts of sugar or honey in your diet as part of your carbohydrate exchanges. Sugar and honey are equivalents and one is not better than the other. Sugar and raw honey both have medium GI-values of 65 and 58 respectively, while commercial honey has a high-GI of 87 and should be used with caution.

16
Posted by: Mardi Naidoo | 2011/08/24

This is a response to the comment posted by Virgil on the 16/08/2011. God will not protect you from the ravages of diabetes! If you do not take your medication  eat sensibly  and exercise, you will succumb very quickly to this life threatening disease! God will only help those who help themselves! This disease destroys every part of your body daily if you are not taking proper care of yourself! I would also recommend a Cinnamon supplement such as Biogen Cinnatrol. I was type 2 diabetic for more than 10 years! No more! Exercise and sensible eating! No white refined carbohydrates! Only brown rice  vegetables and protein which is not deep fried!

Reply to Mardi Naidoo
Posted by: khutjo | 2011/08/19

Good people I like life very much I wish all of you can get well. try this Herbs name Herbalife product very powerfull and no after affections and you can even use with medication I am talking about my personal experience use to ill all the time rite know I am health and very young for the diabetes you can take this product Herbalife 1 nustrition shakes, 2 Niteworks for 15 days and protein bar if patience has heart problem you take Herbalifeline will stay healthy.

Reply to khutjo
Posted by: Fazel | 2011/08/17

Treatment for Diabetes
Ingredients: (buy at any Indian Spice Shop)
1 –  Wheat flour 100 gm
2 –  Gum (of tree) (gondh) 100 gm
3 –  Barley 100 gm
4 –  Black Seeds (kalunji) 100 gm

Method of Preparation:
Mix all the above ingredients in 5 cups of water. Boil it for 10 minutes while stirring and put off. Allow it to cool down by itself. When it has become cold, filter out the seeds and preserve the water in a glass bowl or glass bottle.

How to use it:
Drink one small cup (about ¼  cup) of this water every day first thing in the morning before having anything to eat.
Continue this for 7 days. Next week repeat the same but in alternate days. With these 2 weeks of treatment you will wonder to see that you have become normal to eat normal food without problem.

Let me know if this has helped your sugar levels and, remember to continually check your sugar level.

Reply to Fazel
Posted by: vigil | 2011/08/16

i totally agree with you i do apologize for mis understanding you maybe you can give me advise i am a type 2 on insulin and i last used it two years ago i do believe that God can heal me from this sick my last reading was 18.5 what do you think i should do?

Reply to vigil
Posted by: Fazel | 2011/08/15

Hello Vigil, when you say " I Don''t think any of these are right"  what do you exactly mean? all herbal remedies are trail and error and will work for some people and not for others. There is no harm in trying herbal products.

Reply to Fazel
Posted by: vigil | 2011/08/11

i don''t think any of these are right

Reply to vigil
Posted by: Shireen Pather | 2011/08/11

I use SUGANON sweetner which does not have any Aspartame.
I also use a herbal product which is Diebetic Complex + Vitamin B ( " UNIQUE" )...Keeps my sugar levels very low.

Reply to Shireen Pather
Posted by: mariam taliep | 2011/08/11

Dear Doc, i''m a type 2 diabetic, currently on insulin and metformin. I am currently fasting and is doing very well. Will this affect my organs if I only take my insulin at night and my tablets I take at night and in the morning, tx mariam

Reply to mariam taliep
Posted by: Fazel | 2011/08/11

Hello guys, please email me: fazel@wadiwala.co.za and I will send you the info.

Reply to Fazel
Posted by: VINESH RAJASWAR | 2011/08/11

Yes, Fazel, Would you give the herbal remedy that helps you as a type 2 diabetes.

Reply to VINESH RAJASWAR
Posted by: Bruce Taylor | 2011/08/05

Why does Fazel not share the herbal remedy with the rest of us type 2 diabetics so that e can try it and see if it fixes our systems as well.

Reply to Bruce Taylor
Posted by: Fazel | 2011/08/04

Hello Pheko, you have to manage your diabetes by controlling your sugar intake, i.e. rather use a sweetener instead of sugar or honey. Almost all sweeteners and diet drinks have " Aspartame"  which is a artificial sweetener and which has side effects if large quantities are taken. Rather try SHWEET which does not contain " Aspartame" . You can read more about this on the web, just google SHWEET. What also affects your sugar levels is FRIED food, i.e. chips, samoosas, KFC, Chicken Licken and the like. Fruit also has high levels of natural sugar like oranges, watermelon, mango, etc. I was also diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, after taking medication for one year, I found a herbal remedy that fixed my system. I can now comfortably eat any fruit, sweet, chocolate, etc and my sugar level is okay. Thank you, Fazel

Reply to Fazel
Posted by: Hayley | 2011/08/04

If you change your insulin and go on a higher dose. Does one tend to put on weight.

Reply to Hayley
Posted by: rasheeda | 2011/08/02

what is the difference between insulin and glucose test
my daughters insulin reading from a fasting blood test was 16 and her glucose was 5.8 .please explain the difference and should i worry?

Reply to rasheeda
Posted by: Frans Van Wyk | 2011/07/15

I have type 2 diabetes what must I do I have a very great hunger for sweet things. Before I have type 2 diabetes dont like sweets and other sweetness

Reply to Frans Van Wyk

Dear Pheko