Question
Posted by: DEEPTI | 2009/01/10

HONEY & LEMON with LukeWarm Water harmful

HAPPY EVENING,

I am taking HONEY &  LEMON with Luke Warm Water in the MORNING, But somebody told me that the LEMON will have a HARMFUL Side effects on the health specially it will effect the BONES &  it will brittle later in the life… .

IS THIS TRUE… ?

Is this is proven by any Research that taking the solution of HONEY &  LEMON with Luke Warm Water is harmful for health &  it has side effects on the body… 

Actually, I frequently suffer from COLD &  COUGH… 
For that I prefer to take NATURAL EFFECTIVE HOME REMEDIES… rather than MEDICINES… .

Kindly, Please help me &  give Clarity on IS IT Harmful for health to take HONEY &  LEMON with Luke Warm Water… 

Also, please suggest some NATURAL EFFECTIVE HOME REMEDIES for frequent COLD &  COUGH… 

Eagerly Waiting for your REPLY,
Thanking You,
DEEPTI DANG

Hi Deepti

No, it's not proven, that's for sure. Lemon is very acidic and some people have to avoid it because of it's low pH (those with sensitive stomachs), but it's certainly not dangerous. And I know that there is some thought that acidity can affect the bones, but I suspect that quantity you're taking in is well below that required to cause this.

I just think the problem is that you're madly treating symptoms and relying on these remedies as cure when you should be looking at prevention. I dont know what it is that is causing these problems, but I'd certainly say you need to look at allergies, immune function, maybe diet and the situations that you find yourself in and prevent it in future. Then the issue of lemons is a moot one..

30
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/02

I am taking this mix up for the last 7 days, I feel some relaxation in my stomach. It is feeling like loose and light. I would be continue for few days more....dilip Noida

Posted by: babu | 2016/07/28

The mentioned quantity won't affect you badly. But you have to Wash your mouth immediately because acids destroy enamel. So clean asap

Reply to babu
Posted by: Ronald weboya | 2016/06/10

I take lemon, honey & hot water three Gammas evry day & am addicted to it, wat pgrm do u think I will gt from dis Beverage!!!?

Reply to Ronald weboya
Posted by: Ashish | 2016/06/02

yes, it is harmful for bones and joints to take lemon and honey together. actully lemon is acidic and honey is also mild acidic and when they both come together the solution becomes acidic for sure. and honey always work for increasing the absorption of the substance in the body, that is the basic nature of honey that defined in aayurved. so this combination of lemon and honey will result in increment of uric acid in the body. and this excess uric acid will result in Gout (inflammatory arthritis). so plz stop this unhealthy practice. even in ayurveda there is no such combination is defined. and for cough n cold remedy and also for weight reduction you can use half spoon of cinnamon and half spoon of Licorice, then boil them together in 2 cup of water till the water remains half and filter it in a cup. now add two spoon of honey to it and take it like tea daily. it gives instant relief for cough n cold and for weight loss you have to keep this continue for 2-3 months.

Reply to Ashish
Posted by: vishal | 2016/04/21

took 1 lemon with lukewarm water for 15 days and am experiencing pain in my left knee and ankle. So, i am stopping it

Reply to vishal
Posted by: Risheesh | 2016/04/18

I also have pain in my left knee due to honey-lemon water. I use to drink it every morning but stopped it due to my knee problem.

Reply to Risheesh
Posted by: Pawan Mehndi | 2016/04/07

I am taking half lemon , one half tbsp honey with Luke warm water since one.year and there is no side effect but it is not work on my weight loss program still it is good for health.

Reply to Pawan Mehndi
Posted by: sreekutty | 2016/01/31

I also use regularly honey and lemon and good difference in weight.

Reply to sreekutty
Posted by: laji | 2016/01/07

I am taking HONEY & LEMON with Luke Warm Water in the MORNING, But somebody told me that the LEMON will have a HARMFUL Side effects on the health specially it will effect the BONES & sexual problem.it will brittle later in the life… .?

Reply to laji
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/12/06

May i know that drinking lemon and honey in luke warm water in morninv increases breast size?

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/21

For that ur bf should work hard

Posted by: soni mehra | 2015/11/23

i had tried for 6 monthd and now my right leg knee is paining lik hel .i had x rays several test.nothing had came out .now i m leaving it.

Reply to soni mehra
Posted by: deepi | 2015/07/25

does this cause hairfall ??

Reply to deepi
Posted by: angilena | 2015/05/07

I try it there is no side effects

Reply to angilena
Posted by: angilena | 2015/05/07

I try it there is no side effects

Reply to angilena
Posted by: angilena | 2015/05/07

I try it there is no side effects

Reply to angilena
Posted by: Lela | 2015/04/09

Is this drink of lemon nd honey is ok for thin people ?? plz rply fast..!

Reply to Lela | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: tAN | 2016/03/30

NO ITS NOT! LELA

Posted by: tAN | 2016/03/30

NO ITS NOT! LELA

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/09

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/08

I am drinking warm water with honey & lime juice since past few months. Can i continue for whole life ? Any side effects?

Posted by: pramod | 2014/07/29

Is only honey with lukewarm water is harmful in longterm use and what are its benefits?

Reply to pramod
Posted by: sarrah | 2014/07/15

Is this combination will help me in getting glowing complextion?

Reply to sarrah
Posted by: raj gupta | 2014/04/28

nice i am so happy .if u dont mind plz sugest me .i am aslo safering from same problems.my no 09012931451

Reply to raj gupta
Posted by: rashmi katiyar | 2014/04/21

I am taking one lemon and one teaspoon honey with lukewarm water for last 1 year any side effect becaouse of this please let clear thanks

Reply to rashmi katiyar
Posted by: buvadhar | 2014/03/29

i have been taking one spoon of honey half slice lemon with luke warm water for the last five years and maintaning good health so no side effects

Reply to buvadhar
Posted by: meena | 2014/01/20

Lemon and honey with warm water in empty stomach is very effective in weight loss program . I am very sure .becuase I try this for past 3 months and I got the result I lose the weight and I will continue for next few months .

Reply to meena | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Rananjay | 2014/04/24

Good keep continue.............

Posted by: dimpy | 2014/03/27

can't we drink lemon water mix with honey with room temperature water.last time when i drank i got fever for seven days and then i stop't drinking it.

Posted by: Zexeon | 2009/01/11

I' m not sure apparently its not health when regulary eaten undiluted in water.
You could enjoy strawberrioes, citrus in solid or liquid form.
If not better you could try Advril CS and if the cough is bad or worsening you could consider seeing a dr. for proper treatment.

Reply to Zexeon