Question
Posted by: Rene JOubert | 2012/10/01

HOnd probleme

My hond is afgebaken van die hoofhuis. Hy het nog nooit probeer oorspring oor die hekkie nie. Eweskielik van gister aand af wil hy nie alleen wees nie, tjank en sy tong hang uit. Hy is verskriklik bang. Daar was nie donderweer of enige harde klanke gewees nie. Hy wil glad nie agter bly nie, wil net die heeltyd by ons wees. Hy het ''n maatjie en as die ander een naby die hek kom dan grom hy. Het u asseblief raad, ek hou nie daarvan dat hy in die huis kom nie. Hy gooi hare af en my dogtertjie het nou net begin kruip en alles is onder die hare.

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Oh Rene, I am so very, very sorry! My skills at Afrikanns are terrible as I came to SA too late to learn at school. I have taught myself a bit but not enough to translate above - heavens knows what advice I may end up giving you! If at all possible could you put into Enlgish and I will do all I can to assist. thanks Scotty

4
Posted by: anet | 2015/08/03

I live in south-africa but this is the second time or more that i have with my dog he is mouning can't sleep but it only happens when I'm not around I can't take him to work I can't travel with him but I can't understand my mom and dad is around why is he doing this please help I will do anything for him if I have to

Reply to anet
Posted by: ESME | 2013/01/11

your dog is suffering from " scheidungs angs" , fear of being left alone I think. His whole reaction of suddenly displaying feafull and nervious reactions, and wanting to be in your presence suggests (to me) that he feels threatened, and left out - you did indicate that he is cordoned off from the main property. You did not mention what breed you are keeping, but some breeds are " person orientated"  - also why do you keep an animal away from its family, it does not sound to me like it is kept as a pet but more like you expect it to guard the yard - dogs are social animals and need companionship. They are also people pleasers (most of them) and even if you give it a doggy friend it may not resolve your problem since it still needs attention from you as its owner. Perhaps it is time you consider finding a new owner for your dog? you indicated that your child has just started crawling and you dont'' want dog hairs everywhere - you really don''t want that dog - find it a good home, neither of you are doing each other any favors at this point.

Reply to ESME
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2012/10/04

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert