Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/08/24

Home smells of cat pee

I have two cats, one male one female, they are both neutered. There are a few cats coming into the house and eating their food, and possibly spaying all over the furniture, I can smell it before even opening the door. I am wondering whether it could be my own cat proctecting his territory?

Dear Anon

It can certainly be the reason.

2
Posted by: Lisa | 2009/10/06

Is it possible for neutering to fail? I have a 3 year old male cat who has recently started to spray in the house - it stinks and I was told that neutered cats shouldn'  t do this. We have another cat coming into the house - could this be causing his spraying?Our vet ruled out urine crystals and he is on a low salt diet (Hills C/D). He is normally such a placid character and this has only started recently.

Reply to Lisa
Posted by: Lisa | 2009/10/06

Is it possible for neutering to fail? I have a 3 year old male cat who has recently started to spray in the house - it stinks and I was told that neutered cats shouldn' t do this. We have another cat coming into the house - could this be causing his spraying?Our vet ruled out urine crystals and he is on a low salt diet (Hills C/D). He is normally such a placid character and this has only started recently.

Reply to Lisa