Posted by: jskr | 2010-07-27

Home Pregnancy Test Accuracy

My period is at least 3 days late, however after taking 2 home preganancy tests (1 in the evening, 1 first thing in the morning) both indicated a negative result.

Is it possible I had 2 dud tests?

Very unlikely.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-07-29

Very unlikely.

Posted by: Zama | 2010-07-28

Hi Anon and Me

I beg to differ Me. You can get a false positive on a HPT. I did. Turned out the tests were faulty. Also if you do not read the result within the stipulated period you may get a false positive from the evaporation line.

Reply to Zama
Posted by: me | 2010-07-28

HPT can sometimes have a false negative, but will never have a false positive. Wait another 2 / 3 days and do the test again. If you see 2 lines...u will know there''s a baby being made

Reply to me
Posted by: Me | 2010-07-27

I only got a positive after 5 days for some reason. My HCG levels were low in the beginning so test didn''t pick it up. But the levels did double so all was fine. I am nearly half way now!

Reply to Me
Posted by: Anon | 2010-07-27

Then it means you are not pregnant. cos Home pregnancy kit can detect as early as 3 days late