Question

Home Pregnancy Test

Dear Gynae Doc,

I''ve been off the birthcontrol pill for almots 10 months now. I''m quite fortunate and my menstrual cycle has been quite regular, either every 28 days or every 32 days. This is the first time that I''ve been so late with my cycle, although it''s only 3 days late. My breast have also been extremely tender and sore, more then other times of the month, some say it could aslo be a sign. My question is, will it be too soon do to a home pregnancy test now? If yes, how long should I wait before I do a home test?

J

You can test now.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-04-25

You can test now.

Posted by: Purple | 2010-04-22

Home pregnancy tests can be positive even from a day or two before your period is due, but its best to wait until the day of your period being due or a day later.

If one test is negative, then wait two days and do a second test.
Even a very feint line is a positive.

Yes, generally before finding out you are pregnant your breasts are very tender, you urinate a lot and you are quite tired. You also are convinced your period is about to arrive as the ligament stretching feels a bit like period pains.

The only way to know for sure though is to do the test.

Although you don''t have to only use your first morning urine, the hormone is generally more concentrated in it becuase you have had it in your bladder all night, so more likely to show a positive early on.

Reply to Purple