Posted by: Shnelly | 2012-09-17

Home Ovulation Test

I have just gone off the pill after being on it for 13 years as we are wanting to try for a baby. The Gynea found out that I have mild PCOS but said that it is not serious and all I need to do is take an Ovulation Test when I go off the pill and see if I ovulate, if not then he will give me some pills. So today is day 15 and I used a home Ovulation test that I purchased from Dischem, it says if there is one line then it is negative, if there are 2 then it is positive. So the one line was very dark and then there was another line which was very dull, you can clearly see it but it is very pale compared to the first line. What does this mean? Is it positive or am I getting ahead of myself?

It sounds positive

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-09-24

It sounds positive

Posted by: qw | 2012-09-18

The Dischem one is very confusing, mostly because the instructions are wrong. I also got the faint line and assumed I was about to start ovulating, but I got the same faint line for an entire week! Finally used a Clicks one as well, it clearly says that if you get a dark control line and a faint test line it is negative.

The ovulation strip tests for a hormone that is normally in your system, but it spikes just before ovulation. That''s why you need to see a dark test line to confirm you had your spike. You should try and test in the afternoon, and try and limit your liquid intake and hold your urine for at least 2 hours before testing.

Good luck!

Reply to qw
Posted by: DTBM | 2012-09-17

The best one to buy is the Clearblue digital ovulation test. Its a lot more expensive but it definately works. I don''t have much faith in the cheap varieties as it never seems to work (ie no result or as in your case a faint line which still confuses me)

Reply to DTBM