Question
Posted by: Gareth Pike | 2011/06/03

home insemination

My wife and I are considering trying a self-applied home insemination, as we cant afford the high fees for A.I. let alone IVF.

can you give any advice re doing a home self-insemination safely and possibly successfully? Would you know if we would need an actual ''kit'' of some sort?

Dear Garth Pike

Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is a procedure that should be done under medical supervision and therefore I do not suggest that it is done at home and I am not sure if there are any actual kits available commercially. If however you just want to insert the sperms into the vaginal and not into the uterine cavity then one can ejaculate into a bottle and use a sterile syringe, which can be gently inserted into the vaginal area and the semen can be syringed out once inserted. This however is not an IUI but intra-vaginal insemination.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/06/13

Dear Garth Pike

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert