Question
Posted by: P | 2009-01-26

home fitness

I have been on a healthy eating plan for the last 3 weeks and I am not sure if i have lost any weight yet. I think I need to be doing more exericse to lose the weight faster. My problem is that I am on my own, a single parent with a young child, and cannot go to gym or go jogging/cycling.
I have an exercise bike at home and I try to do this most nights for half an hour. It doesnt always work that I do it as I have so much else to do in the evenings. Im not even sure if I am doing it right.
I start on the lowest setting, cycle for 2 min, then increase the setting higher every 2 minutes, I reach level 4 then set it lower level every 2 minutes until I am on the low level again.
Im not sure if this is enough, I am very sweaty after and feel I got a good workout after that have pushed myself. I am also unfit so I wanted to not start too hectically.
My main problem area i need to burn fat off is my stomach. I have always had a flabby tummy and it has only gotten much worse since having my baby. (he is 2 now).
I really need some good fat burning ab exercises that I can do at home.
I am 28 and 1.65m I weigh 67kg.
Thanks so much

hI P

If you're feeling that it is a good workout and that you've pushed yourself, then it's working and you just need to keep it up. There's no point pushing harder, because you'll just injure yourself. So let you body guide your progress. And aim to get fitter, because if you get fitter, the rest will take care of itself. It's helpful that you have this equipment, because you can track your progress using the levels of the bike, then you can easily measure that you're constantly improving and getting stronger. So that's really very helpful, and my advice is to work out a plan that sees you gradually increasing the difficulty level. But only in response to your body and how you are reacting to the training!