Question
Posted by: Honey | 2008/07/22

HOME EXERCISE

Dear Doc, just had a baby. Need to lose 10kg. Cannot attend a gym. I have a health walker, exercise ball and tae-bo dvd' s. What type of programme should I follow to assist with weight loss. I know the importance of diet. Please help.

HI Honey

Check out the Fitness page of this site, and click on "Programmes". You'll see a range of programmes that you can choose from. Now, none of them deal specifically with a health walker, ball and tae-bo dvd's, but my advice to you is to take one of the programems (a running one for example) and just adapt the sessions. So if it has you running on Monday, Wed, and Friday, then just insert your equipment on those days, and do the intensity and duration as prescribed in the programme. It's important to note that it's how you do it that counts, not necessarily what you do, so the tae-bo and health walker will work, provided you get the duration, the frequency and intensity right. So let the programme guide you, but make your on decisions regarding what you'll do.