Question
Posted by: Ziggy | 2010/06/09

Home Drug Test

I have a close friend who is addicted to CAT (and also uses various other drugs regularly). He has just started trying to get clean. His father was at a pharmacy to buy one of these home drug test kits. But the kit advised that it was for testing of cocaine, marijuana, heroin and opiates. My question is, would this test kit also cover CAT? And if not, what would your suggestion be regarding a fairly simple, inexpensive way of getting drug testing done specifically for CAT.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Ziggy

The best would be to ask the pharmacist directly as they would know what they stock and what will work for a specific drug.

But I'm afraid to tell you that no amount of drug testing is going to help a drug addict. You're clutching at straws quite rankly.

If he's addicted to an array of drugs or even just one drug, he will need to tackle the problem holistically.

Your friend will have to attend NA meetings, get a sponsor, work a programme of recovery and most probably also see a drug counsellor.

The drug tests can then be used as a supplement to recovery, not as the sole axis around which everything turns.

Tell your friend best of luck and to remember that his recovery is HIS responsibility. Not that of the people around him.

herman@harmonyclinic.co.za

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/14

If a Drug Testing Kit is placed in a toilet bowl after the person suspected of doing drugs has just gone to the toilet and does not flush the chain after urinating,would the test give an accurate reading ????

Posted by: Addictions Expert Forum | 2010/06/10

Hi Ziggy

herman@harmonyclinic.co.za

Reply to Addictions Expert Forum | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/14

Well this is obviously a scam site with the worst spelling talking about quite rankly.... I guess 24 Group are a little bit of a joke... Glad I am advised and will steer clear of this bot site..

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/14

This does not answer my question.... My question is how accurate would a drug testing kit be if dipped in the toilet after the suspected person has urinated without flushing, bearing in mind toilet chemicals etc. how accurate would the test be????