Posted by: Robyn | 2012-06-05

Home care

Good morning,

Please could you let me know if you have nurses that do home care.
I need a nurse 3 times a week for a cancer patient, he has brain cancer and is not very mobile at the moment (has a wheel chair that with assistance he can get in and out of). He needs to be assisted in receiving exercise for his legs as well as his arms and hands (type of physic therapy). He occasionally wets the bed as he can’ t get out of bed by himself to the toilet so we need a Afrikaans nurse (he is Afrikaans, can’ t talk English at all) that can assist him in going to the bathroom and changing him and bedding if needed. We only need the nurse 3 times a week from 8:00 am to 16:00pm.
He received medication early morning (his wife administers this) and again late in the evening, so the nurse will not have to give him any medication. He does how ever need oxygen now and again bit he is still fit enough to request it if he is having difficulty breathing.

We are situated in Delmas Mpumalanga.
If I am not through to the correct person could you refer my request or send me the correct contact details as it is very urgent and imperative that we receive assistance as soon as possible.

Contact your nearest hospice, as they will be the best people to provide you with advice. Home care nurses are available through agencies and hospice will be able to assist you with these details.