Posted by: Doris | 2012-11-21

Holiday worries

I need help. Every holiday I promise myself it will be different. I will spend time with the people and things I love. When in the moment I don''t do things and just regret everything when it is time to go back to work. I hold back the tears and say next time I must make sure it is different and then I do the same vicous cycle. Another thing is that when I am on holiday I can''t seem to just let it be. I try control everything, I hate everything, I perform and moan the whole house down. I swear at the pets - curse the inlaws and the shops and just seem to be pissed the hell off all the time.
I then do this absurd count down to back to work and I just wanna freak. I make my holiday a pure waste and mountain of regret regret regret.
What can I do to make it better???????

This is a case for CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour-Therapy ) style counselling - you can learn to control that excessive need to be in control !