Question
Posted by: Homer | 2012/03/08

Holiday with the in-laws again - opinions, please

Hi everyone,

I feel like I am forced into going on holiday with the in-laws again. This is the case every year, December and April holidays.

Is it unfair of me to feel this way? I don''t feel like going. It is always a house full of people and kids.

Thank you.

Its not unfair, and you shouldnt allow yourself to feel forced or coerced. If you don't fancy the idea, explain that calmly and firmly, and just don't go.

4
Posted by: Obvious | 2012/03/08

Why not compromise and have one holiday a year your wife wants ,with her family, and one holiday you would like?

Reply to Obvious
Posted by: Bongi | 2012/03/08

Good luck - hope he won''t take offense and say you dislike his family.

Reply to Bongi
Posted by: Nikki | 2012/03/08

You and I not maybe related?? I have given up on these holidays, so now my husband and son go alone! I use my job as an excuse not to get leave (I really have a pressurised job). I hate having to do what they want to do, eat when or what they eat, go where they want to go etc. My husband is a lapdog, he does everything his family want him to do, whether my son and I enjoy it or not, so come the Easter hols, I will be at home alone and my husband and son on holiday with his parents! I spent 2.5 weeks with them in December and it was torture to say the least, I am not going to put myself through that again. Discuss it with your husband and tell him how you feel about these annual " torture sessions"  you have to go through! Good luck!!

Reply to Nikki