Question
Posted by: Jola | 2009/07/29

Holiday pregnancy

Hi We have been away on holiday. It was just confrimed that I am pregnant which is wonderfull news except that on holiday we had lots of wine every day. I am about 2-3 weeks pregnant. Will my baby be ok?

Dear Jola
Foetal alcohol syndrome is a risk when one uses alcohol when pregnant, but more for mothers that drink heavily every day on a long term basis. Alcohol causes low birthweight and can cause varied degrees of brain damage although the risk is low if this was just moderate drinking for a short period of time.