Question
Posted by: Blue | 2010/12/20

Holiday blues

Hi there,

Hubby has left for a holiday down at the coast (with his family) and I am stuck at work. Do you think it is fair that I must work and he is relaxing by the coast?

Don''t know if I am just feeling jealous, but I am upset.

Thank you.

In my personal experience, life is very rarely fair ; so I no longer expect it to be fair, and when it very occasionally is or appears to be fair, that's a treat to enjoy. Presumably uyou and your husband discussed this unfortunate situation. There's no particular advantage for him to have stayed at home to share the misery, I suppose - are you getting time off later, instead of this Festive Season ? If so, couldn't he have postponed his holiday until then ? Or wiolll you go off to relax on your own, and let him take his turn to feel jealous ?

2
Posted by: Rishaan | 2010/12/20

Wow that is not fair at all. You have all the right to be upset. He could have satyed at home and spent time with you. Will you be spending Christmas all alone?

Reply to Rishaan