Posted by: Den | 2009-03-18

Hole in eardrum

18 days ago my now ex fiancé  hit me on my left ear. i lost all hearing. i went to the hospital coz it was late on a saterday. the doctor said that there is a 90% chance of the hole in my eardrum healing and will take about 4 weeks. if i become nauseous or go off balance then i must go back to the doctor. for the last 2 days i have been nauseous and have a pain behind my ear, sometimes down to my neck. i am not particularly off balane though. should i worry or go back to the doctor? what can happen if i don' t get it checked out now? if it doesn' t heal within the next 2 weeks or so, what must be done? thanks.

Dear Den
It usually heals, otherwise they "patch" it with a small operation. If the ear is draining or painful, or it is red behind the ear you should see your doctor. You may have a neck spasm due to the slap. Glad to hear he is now woman or man needs to be slapped around - ever!