Question
Posted by: Esme | 2010-04-23

hole developing in my 7yr old son right arm bone

my son''s broke his right arm in nov 2007,1 year later he started complaining about pain in his wrist.A biopsy revealed a growth of tissue in the wrist obstructing nerve and tendons.This was removed in oct 2009.An xray today indicated that a hole was developing in the one bone.He is still experiencing pain .Can somebody please xplain what this is and also the cause of it.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Esme
I think it is best to speak to the orthopaedic surgeon who repaired the fracture in the first place. The mass removed was probably a ganglion and should not have anything to do with the bone. Unfortunately it is very difficult to make an informed comment on this as the doctor is the only one who can examine him and make a diagnosis