Posted by: J | 2009-10-08

Holding breath - bad symptom during preg?

My husband and I are trying to conceive, and we are just waiting a while longer before testing since my previous two tests were negative. I have a regular 28 day cycle and I' m surposed to start my next period in the next 2-3 days. Is it best to do a test next week? I have most of the pregnancy signs, but I know it could also be signs of the upcoming period. This time round it is just worse than usual. My actual question is my concern for something that I' m experiencing now.
This past few days I realize that I' m constantly holding my breath without doing it on purpose. I feel like I have a hard time breathing. Could this be a preg symptom or could it mean something negative?
My other concern is that I still have breastmilk from my previous pregnancy.
My son is almost 2 years old and I breastfed him for 5 months. I didn' t use any medication to dry up the milk. The milk never dissapeard but its not visible except if I tried to express and it is only drops not large amounts. Is this normal. Mostly one breast.

You should wait at least 3 days after your expected period before testing.I cannot explain your breathing symptoms without a full assessment. If you express your breasts you will continue to produce milk. You should avoid touching them at all.