Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2010-12-14

Hoe om te oefen by gym sonder om my seer te maak

Ek is 42jaar oud, weeg 76.6kg en dink my lengte is ???6.5??? ook.Ek het spierpyn (ek dink) diep van my " bum"  op na my lae rug net in die regterkant nou vir 2 weke. Van die naweek pyn my lae rug ook. Vandag by ''n step& sculpt klas het my linker knie begin pyn. Ek het 3weke gelede begin gym, 2klasse/week. My man se dat die gym ''n gevaarlike plek is, maar ek wil baie graag aanhou met my oefeninge, wat stel u voor wat veiliger is. ek is redelik onfiks.Wat moet ek vermy en waarmee kan ek begin, ek hou van die dansklasse, kannie swem nie.Dankie

Hi Belinda

It's a difficult one because it doesn't sound like you're training too much - twice a week is not so much that you'd get any kind of overuse injury. Having said that, some aches and pains are normal when one starts out, and so it may be that your body is just responding to the training in a normal, if unpleasant way.

I think that maybe you're training too hard when you do go - those two sessions a week might just be too intense. Certainly, if you're doing a step class, and it's high intensity, then if your body isn't used to it, it would definitely put a lot of stress and strain on your joints. That would cause knee pain.

So the immediate change I'd suggest is that you train a little 'easier', see if the gym offers classes that are not quite as high intensity. Or, hold back and don't do the activities as hard as maybe you've done in the last few weeks.

The gym is not a dangerous place - it's anything but. You just have to be careful in the beginning. Once you get past this initial "resistance", then your progress will be much easier and you'll look back and wonder what the fuss was!

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-12-18

Hi Belinda

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: Hi Doc | 2010-12-17

Jammer my lengte is 1.65. My linkerknie is ook seer as ek trappe klim, help asb. Die pyn wat ek genoem het vanaf my \''bum'' na my lae rug is nou meer na my regterkant se sy. Hoe kan ek maak om my ligamente sterker te kry, watter tipe oefeninge. Dankie

Reply to Hi Doc