Posted by: The Wife | 2009-04-06

My husband wants me to find a hobby. I used to go biking with him until I fell. Now I' m a bit scared and not into biking anymore. I still go riding some times, but I give hubby his space with his friends every 2nd weekend. I normally clean the house and keep myself busy with the ironing or washing or whatever is needed while he is out. Now he wants me to find a hobby...I have no interest any more...I used to have...but now I can' t think of anything. All my friends are too far away and too busy with their own lives. My family are very far away... I feel numb and useless... Where did I lose myself? What hobbies are out there that I can try? I' ve been wanting a baby for a long time, but my husband is not ready for that yet, and I respect that and try to understand his point of view.

I'm sure other readers can make a number of suggestions as to possible hobbies. There are just so very many possibilities, but so mcuh depends on your interests, now and previously, and your skills. Are you any good ar art ? Music ? wworking with people ? How about helping out at a local charity / NGO, which needs help ?
It sounds as though you would truly benefit from developing one or more hobbies of your own, even if your husband may be mainly wanting you to find yourself another area of interest, and leave him to his bikes.

Posted by: healthysenseofhumour | 2009-04-06

how about swinging?

Reply to healthysenseofhumour
Posted by: cally | 2009-04-06

Why don' t you try belly-dancing? I gave up on everything, but decided to try belly-dancing. It re-sparked my interest in life, and made me a lot more confident, made me feel sexier and more womanly, and was really a spring-board to a huge improvement in my life.

Reply to cally
Posted by: smily | 2009-04-06

hi there,

there is a lot of hobbys out there, cycling ect. you have to find the right one for you, just remember babies is not a hobby it is a resposibility. did you tell your husband how you feel about having kids? and find out exactle why he doesnt want kids? it may be for selfish reasons or it may be something bigger! It is also something both of you should feel comfortable with, this is for life!!!

Reply to smily