Posted by: Ex drinker | 2010-01-08

Hoarse voice

My voice is very hoarse, sounding like someone with laryngitus, but I dont have a sore throat or any other symptons. This is been going on for about 10 years.

I am an ex smoker , quitted more than 2 years ago, and use to be a binge drinker ( Brandy and coke ) about 3 bottles a weekend.Quitted for more than 6 months.

Do you think my voice is been damaged from the smoking and alcohol abuse. Will it get better ??????

The best will be to consult a ENT specialist to have a laryngoscopy done, in order to visualise the vocal cords. There can definately be damage due to the smoking or most probably a growth on the vocal cords causing the hoarseness. It is very important to have this test done. It is not painful, just uncomfortable.