Question
Posted by: sipho | 2012/03/14

hiv window period

hi doc i had unprotected sex in may 2011 thn in june i developed a small red rush on the back of my tongue.i then started to test i went for a hiv anitbody test at 6 weeks,3 months and 6 months .all the tests where negative .its been 10 months now i still have those red spot on my tongue and i sumtyms cough a lot .my question is that is my hiv test at 6 months accurate enough or am i stil at risk

Sipho

At six months your test results are accurate enough and I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination of your tongue to determine the cause for the rash.