Question
Posted by: Sweety | 2010-05-30

HIV window period

I have recently tested negative but I am of the opinion that I was in window because I was menstruating. How accurate are this results when is menstruating. What exactly is window period for HIV testing. Concerned Sweety

The following link might provide you with information to assist you with a better understanding of the window period - http://www.avert.org/testing.htm
Menstruation does not have an impact on the HIV test results. It has more to do with the window period and the outcome of the results after the window period.

You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2010-05-30

Reply to sexologist