Question
Posted by: Joe | 2012-07-18

HIV transmit

Hi Dr.

Yesterday I got a fight between me and with person unknown his medical condition and I was injured in my nose. the blood was come out from my nose. As for the other person has used his fingernails to fighing me. I do not think he has injured because i did not see a blood come out from his body but if he injured , can hiv transmit to me?

so could Hiv transmit by this way?
should i need hiv test?

regards

Joe

Yes, unfortunately, can be transmitted through open wounds and you should consult your doctor or nearest clinic for an examination and a baseline HIV test. Your clinic or doctor will be able to provide you with the best advice after examining your wounds if you should be worried or not.