Question
Posted by: Leonard | 2011/04/25

HIV transmission though menstrual blood

Hi, had sexual activity with 23y menstruating female around vagina. No full penetration. Just rubbing around vagina area. Condom on until after climax. But when I pulled my penis out, the condom was not around my penis anymore.
She pulled the condom out from the tip of her vagina. It had blood around it. There was seaman inside the condom indicating that most of the activity was protected.

What are the chances that infectious blood transmitted the virus through my penis? The fact is that when I pull my penis out of the vagina area it was not covered? I''m so scared - please give me an idea of my changes of contracting HIV?

Leonard

Hallo Leonard
contact of the mucous membranes of the penis with infected blood or vaginal fluid carries a risk of HIV infection if the woman is HIV positive, and if she has a high viral load (not on anti-retroviral medication), especially if you have abrasions or small cracks on the penis skin. I suggest that you have yourself tested, and repeat the test at 3 and 6 months after the contact. Ask the woman if she has been tested and whether she knows her status. If you think that there is a risk of her being HIV positive, it is best to use PEP (post exposure prophylaxis treatment)Dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/25

Hallo Leonard