Question
Posted by: Friend | 2010/02/17

HIV Transmission- Symptoms

At the weekend a friend and I went to a strip club. He recieved a private dance where the dancer took his hands and rubbed them on her breasts and vagina. After his dance we left immediatly and he very stupidly took his fingers and pushed them under my nose but he accidently got some of his finger in my mouth. I have no cuts in my mouth.

My question is, Is it possible for me to have contracted HIV from him stupidly doing this? Is there need for me to be concerned?

EXPERT' S REPLY
Subject:
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 15/2/2010
Hallo Friend
It is unlikely that you will pick up HIV with such an incident.
dr Bets

Thank you Dr for your reply. My next question has to do with symptoms. It has now been four days since the incident with my friend and I have been doing alot of researching on the net. I have started to feel very flu like with sore neck, coughing, sore throat, fever and cant sleep. Is there need for me to be concerned? Is it too early for symptoms to appear? Im I just worrying myself sick?

Thank you for taking the time to answer this. It is greatly appreciated!

Dear Friend
it could just be flu or a cold you are getting. I suggest you do a HIV test now and repeat it over 3 months for your own peace of mind as I see that this will be causing you a lot of stress in the next few months!You can do a HIV PCR 3 weeks after possible contact but it is expensive.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/17

Dear Friend
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc