Question
Posted by: jan | 2009/12/22

HIV transition

Can one (male) get HIV infected when receiving a " handjob"  masterbastion from a stranger (Female)?

I dont know why but i had a small cut on the shaft of my penis after the act. I didn' t see any blood that day. Only the next day saw where it started to heal.

Should i get tested?
Is this high risk? surely her hand needed to be cut aswell with visable blood?

plz help....

The risk factor is definitely low during external masturbation and if only one party had a broken skin it minimizes the risk even more. It is however once again important to stress that any sexual interaction is risky to contract HIV – some are just less or more risky.

You are also welcome to contact our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted to get in touch with a therapist as close a possible to you.

Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

7
Posted by: Yoo | 2010/01/06

Oral sex and STIs
What precautions should you reasonably take to protect yourself from STIs (sexually transmitted diseases) during oral sex? Diseases that are transmissible via unprotected oral sex include herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis and hepatitis. A low risk also exits for contracting HIV (the virus that causes Aids) during oral sex.

Herpes can be easily transmitted from genitals to mouth or mouth to genitals during unprotected oral sex. There are two varieties of the herpes simplex virus - Type I typically infects the facial region and Type II the genital region.

Herpes can even be spread through contact with an infected person who has no symptoms, but some people feel the risk is acceptably low outside of the most infectious period (which starts with the tingling sensations that precede an outbreak, and continues for two weeks after the herpes sores go away).

You can on rare occasion contract a bacterial infection by performing oral sex on someone who has a bacterial STI (typically gonorrhoea, more rarely syphilis or cancroid), but these can usually be cured with antibiotics once they' re diagnosed.

HIV
The risk of transmitting HIV is much lower for unprotected oral sex than for unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. For the person performing oral sex, the risk of transmission is lower if your gums, lips, mouth and throat are healthy and contain no lesions, if you don' t let men ejaculate in your mouth, and if you don' t perform cunnilingus (oral stimulation of the female sex organs) on a woman while she is menstruating.

The HIV virus can be present in male ejaculate and pre-ejaculate. The risk increases for a woman' s partner while she is menstruating, since HIV is found in highest concentration in the blood (it can also be found in vaginal and cervical secretions).

Prevention
Some safe-sex experts recommend not flossing or brushing your teeth for an hour before giving unprotected oral sex, as this may cause slight lesions and bleeding  others recommend visually checking your partner' s genitals for signs of contagious STIs (including genital warts, which can on rare occasion be transmitted from genitals to mouth). If your partner ejaculates in your mouth during unprotected fellatio, you can reduce your risk for STIs by immediately spitting. It may help (especially for bacterial STIs) to then use an anti-bacterial or peroxide mouthwash.

Opinions differ on the importance of safer-sex barriers for oral sex, but many experts recommend using some form of barrier protection (condoms or latex dental dams) if you feel uncertain about whether you or your partner has STIs.

You can also use a femidom (the female condom) or cut a condom open and use it as a barrier between mouth and genitals during cunnilingus or anilingus (oral stimulation of the anal region). Continue to use condoms and dental dams until you have both been tested.

Reply to Yoo
Posted by: jan | 2009/12/24

thank you for the expert reply.
I did contact a HIV help line. The therapist also sed the risk is extremly low to even zero.
They will not even allow me to take that specific drug used in rape or emerance cases.

piet i think you should not give up,, u still have a lot to learn..

Reply to jan
Posted by: piet | 2009/12/23

Jan you are really clueless - i give up!!!

Reply to piet
Posted by: jan | 2009/12/23

thank you for the reply.
but piet i think you are just as under educated as me. anti-retrovirals is when you are living with HIV. there is a diffrent drug that is used in rape cases after an incidant.

Reply to jan
Posted by: Mohamed | 2009/12/23

Get tested. very dangerous to be with strangers

Reply to Mohamed
Posted by: sexologist | 2009/12/23

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: Piet | 2009/12/22

cleary you are a loose canyon... i think by now you should know that, if you' ve endangered your life (hiv infection) you are ought to seek medical advise within 72 hours. A dr can prescribe anti-retrovirals for you... i think it' s a good idea to get tested...

Reply to Piet