Posted by: testmails | 2011-07-08

HIV through breast fluids?

Dear Sir/Madam,
Few months back (2-3months) i sucked the nipples of a lady &  she has been known to me for few months.She is not a sex worker &  she is a married lady.I never asked whether she is having AIDS or not &  possibly i cant ask her too .She is not pregnant/not feeding any baby.While sucking her nipples i found some fluid is oozing from her nipples &  it tasted salty.Immediately i spitted that out &  washed my mouth with water.I came to know from her that her breasts are not fondled for many months.My question is
a) Does this kind of fluids(not breast milk) is a carrier of HIV?
b) What will happen if we swallow this kind of fluids.
c) what will happen when it comes in contact with a decayed tooth.I have a tooth decay &  occasionally it will be bleeding there &  if incase that fluid is a HIV carrier,is there any chance of myself getting infected through this.
Pl some one clarify me on this regard.Else any test is required to be done.

body fluids can transmit the virus even though the risk from what you have described is a small risk you should test for hiv infection and follow through with repeat testing .