Question
Posted by: HENDRIKARINATJIE | 2010/06/24

HIV TESTS INCONCLUSIVE

hope you can shed some advice:

i went to the clinic to do HIV Tests, they performed 2 rapid tests  1 was +ve &  1 was -ve. They then took a blood sample to the lab &  when i got the results they were inconclusive. but my CD4 count is very low (221). they gave me Vitamin B Complex &  Folic acid &  Ilvitrim (3 months) &  the nurse said i must drink the pills &  return after 3 months to get more. i am so frustrated, i don''t know what to do now as the other nurse who initially tested me told me not to drink the Ilvitrim. Pls shed some light. what should i do? i have done TB tests checked out okay. are there any good immune boosters i can take for my CD4 counts in the mean time? what could be causing such results cause i''m not on any medication. should i test again soon / wait 4 3 months as advised. i''m just worried that with such a low CD4 count won''t 3 months be too late??

PLS ASSIST URGENTLY!

THANK YOU.

Hallo Hendrikarinatjie
The rapid tests as well as the Elisa and Western blot tests look at antibodies for HIV. The PCR test can actually pick up HIV virus count, so I think this will be a useful test to do in your case. With your low CD4 count, I think taking the Ilvitrim antibiotics preventatively is a good thing. I think you should get to a HIV clinic that can do HIV PCR (either private or at one of the governmental hospitals) as soon as possible because if you are HIV positive you should be on antiretroviral treatment by now.

5
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/05/09

Good day I am shocked to see ilvitrim in my bf pockets does that mean he is hiv +tive?

Posted by: t zozo | 2014/09/03

I have a problem with my .yesterday i see the pill is called alvitrim in my girlfriend hand bag.but she didn't tell eveny 1day or she take that medication

Reply to t zozo
Posted by: Sibongile | 2010/10/01

Good day,

I had a headache and my friend gave me 2 tablets called ILVITRIM to drink for the headache and said they will make my headache better. I have just picked up on the net that these tablets are for HIV positive people. Will these tablets hurt me in anyway since I am HIV negative. Your guidance on this will be much appreciated.

Reply to Sibongile
Posted by: Hendrikarinatjie | 2010/06/25

tnx doc :-)
will let you know how it went.

Reply to Hendrikarinatjie
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/24

Hallo Hendrikarinatjie