Posted by: AJD | 2012-11-13

HIV - testing &  incubation period

This may sound strange, but I''ve never had an HIV test &  have been too scared to go. I want to know how long the virus can sit in your system - basically (this sounds bad!) I haven''t had ANY sex for 10 years. The last time I did it was unprotected - I know bad, would never do that again! I haven''t gone for the test because, although I don''t have any symptoms, I''m scared it will be positive. Is it possible that I could have it or would I have shown some symptoms or illness by now...

HIV is a life long disease and do not necessarily present with symptoms in the early stages of infection. If you have not presented with any symptoms after ten years, you most likely do not have HIV.