Posted by: lebo | 2012-06-07

hiv testing

Doc I''m am scared I had unprotected sex with someone. And I went to the clinic 6weeks after possible infection for a rapid blood test taking aproximately 5minutes to get the results it was negative.then I went back to the clinic 3months and 6months later for another hiv rapid blood test both tests were negative.then about 10months later my started to become fluffy nd I had a rash on my neck and the bottom of my lasted 2weeks.after the rash incident I went for a hiv test at the doctor he took my to the lab I got the results 2days after and the letter from the lab sai " hiv-1/2 (4th gene) test and then said immunology:negative" my question is what''s a hiv-1/2 (4th gene) tests and how accurate it is ? and from your experience what are the chances that I am hiv positive?

It is to test for the gene of HIV virus in your blood and if it is negative, you do not have HIV.