Question
Posted by: lebo | 2011/10/08

hiv testing

i was a virgin and i had unprotected sex with my girlfriend .after six weeks i had a hiv blood test done it was negative.but then my girlfriend started to fall sick lost weight and was vomiting.i was so scared i asked her if she had hiv and she said she has tested recently an was negative.i then went for my follow up hiv blood test three months after possible exposure it was also negative.so my question doctor is should i go for another hiv test after six months ?

It is not necessary to have a follow up test done. You are HIV negative.