Posted by: XXX | 2011-06-25

HIV test

I never really thought about getting tested as I didn''t really have any concerns. However I would like to do a routine check to put my mind at ease since i have been sexually active but only had 2 partners. Where can I go and have my blood tested and what is the cost involved? can I get it done at a pharmacy or doctors room or are there free services provided? I''m not sure how to look for places that do testing and how long do you have to wait? I don''t really know the procedure and how private it is.

Thank you in advance

The best will be to consult a GP for a HIV PCR test. This is a very accurate test and you should have the results by the following day. It is very confidential and I am not sure about the cost involved.