Posted by: Mario | 2010-02-27

HIV status disclosure

Three years ago I used to have regular (homo) sex with a man who commutes between Cape Town and Florida. I trusted him and we had unprotected sex many times. After I stopped having sex with him I found out he has been HIV positive for many years, but he never revealed it to me, and never bother to insist in using a condom. I have been tested three times in a period of 9 months and I am OK. I waited over 6 months for him to come from Florida and ask him personally. He got a shock and told me that only recently he knew his status, bt sounded pretty remorseless. I want to take legal action against this person, what do you suggest?

Although people are encouraged to disclose their HIV status in order to protect themselves and their prospective partners, there is no law that forces disclosure.

If you want to consider legal action it is best to consult with a lawyer that specializes in HIV matters.

You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful:

Posted by: Mario | 2010-03-10

Dear Top Cat,

You seem to have some hate on you. Aggression is ALWAYS a sign of uncontroled anxiety. So, why does a " faggot"  make you so angry and/or anxious? Take advantage of your anonimity, that no one can see your face or look eye to eye, and let us explore the topic here? Unless of course you are afraid to read certains truths that can be exposed in here. You do not know me, we never met, but you already formed an idea based on your own conceptions or fears.... if I can put that way!

It is more than confirmed that the whole problem of the Homophobic is that he sees a mirror image of himself reflected in the Homossexual and he hates his own image. In other words, the Homossexual reminds him of what he is so scared to see and acknowledge, his own femininity. And one does not have to be Homossexual to have a feminine side, it is part of human development this ambiguity of gender orientation.

If you are man of course, I bet that you love the companion of " macho men" , because you want to identify with them and incorporate what you LACK deep in your personality: PROPER MANHOOD. Now make a simple exercise, go to the mirror or while driving alone ask yourself, how much man am I to satisfy a woman? By satisfying a woman I mean, not be able to copulate in the physiological sense, but let her feel a desired woman????????

Reply to Mario
Posted by: Sans | 2010-03-06

How long does it take for a women to know that she is hiv positive. I mean years to get caught

Reply to Sans
Posted by: Top Cat | 2010-03-04

To Mario: fagged

Reply to Top Cat
Posted by: Mario | 2010-03-03

Dear Top Cat,

If you are a male, do you know that a good number of male patients who search for therapy has a common cause: according to psychoanalysts they have an unconscious desire to be penetrated by other man? During childhood when they turn to the father for identification, this fantasy originates, and it is no longer to " be like"  the Father, but to " have"  the Father. These kids come into adulthood with this fantasy not properly elaborated, then conflicts originated. So do not be judgemental, I made a serious mistake in trusting someone and I learned a huge lesson. By the way, do show much homophia here because you locals tend to be very prudish, and right under your nose you may have a total masculine type (friend or relative) but with the most pervasive sexual drives you may imagine. Just watch closely non judgementally and objectively. Thanks for your comment by the way. mario.

Reply to Mario
Posted by: Top Cat | 2010-03-02

Don''t complain about your homo friend who has bitten you on your ass. The moment you first show him your oring, you were asking for trouble.

Reply to Top Cat